Eligibility and Assent to Terms
By using SmartBULLETIN.co.uk, SmartTHING.co.uk and/or any services of The SmartTHING Limited (“Service”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
The SmartTHING Limited reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at https://www.smartthing.org/service-terms.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While The SmartTHING Limited prohibits the conduct and contents of certain materials and media submitted to the Service (“Content”) as detailed below, you understand and agree that The SmartTHING Limited cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 18 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Use by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted. Use of any data mining or similar data gathering and extraction methods in connection with the site is not permitted.
- You must be able to form legally binding contracts. If you do not fit this requirement, you must immediately discontinue use of this Service.
- You must provide a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person — a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as you would like.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, password, and embed codes. The SmartTHING Limited cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account, even if Content is posted by others who have access to your account.
- You are not permitted to block ads.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws). Some jurisdictions may have restrictions on the use of the Internet by their residents.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- The SmartTHING Limited reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- The SmartTHING Limited shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the Content you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials posted and uploaded remain yours. However, by embedding the code the Service provides in to any public page, you agree to allow others to view and share your Content.
- The SmartTHING Limited does not pre-screen Content, but The SmartTHING Limited and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- The look and feel of the Service is © 2010 The SmartTHING Limited, all rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from The SmartTHING Limited.
- The SmartTHING Limited is not responsible for any loss of or restriction to intellectual property rights due to disclosure on any public portions of the Service according to the laws of your jurisdiction.
- The Service does not take any measures, in any form, to secure files uploaded to the Service. All files uploaded to the Service are viewable by the public at any time.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Technical support is only available via email to our support helpdesk.
- You understand that The SmartTHING Limited uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Site, the Service, The SmartTHING Limited, or any other The SmartTHING Limited service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by The SmartTHING Limited.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any The SmartTHING Limited customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMS’s, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive or obstructive nature.
- If your bandwidth significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by The SmartTHING Limited) of other The SmartTHING Limited customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account.
- The SmartTHING Limited does not warrant that
- the service will meet your specific requirements,
- the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free,
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable,
- the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and
- any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that The SmartTHING Limited shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if The SmartTHING Limited has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
- the use or the inability to use the service;
- the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service;
- unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
- statements or conduct of any third party on the service;
- or any other matter relating to the service.
- Upon a request by The SmartTHING Limited, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless The SmartTHING Limited or its affiliates and licensors and their employees, contractors, officers, and directors from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, which arise from your use or misuse of the Service. The SmartTHING Limited reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with The SmartTHING Limited in asserting any available defenses.
- The failure of The SmartTHING Limited to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and The SmartTHING Limited and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and The SmartTHING Limited (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
The SmartTHING Limited
52 Park Avenue South
UK, HG2 9BE