Why choose SmartOUTLOOK over Blackbaud's standard solution?
SmartOUTLOOK is significantly quicker than Blackbaud’s standard email solution. Don’t wait around to record your emails in Raiser’s Edge.
SmartOUTLOOK enables you to edit the action before you save it. Blackbaud’s solution only allows you to save the email as it is. With SmartOUTLOOK you can:
- Edit or crop the text of the email
- Assign the action to a fundraiser
- Add a Raiser’s Edge reminder
- Mark as not complete
- Add attachments
- Choose which record you want to assign the action to (not necessarily the person who sent you the email)
When you buy SmartOUTLOOK, you now get SmartEMAIL for free. SmartEMAIL, when set up, means that emails can be automatically recorded in RE NXT simply by, for example, bcc’ing yourself or adding the email to a ‘record to NXT’ folder. It’s the ideal configure and forget recording of emails…
If the email comes from someone who is not a contact in Raiser’s Edge, SmartOUTLOOK allows you to add them as a contact to Raiser’s Edge. This is not possible in Blackbaud’s solution.
Works for self-hosted as well as Blackbaud hosted customers. It also works with all exchange servers even if you host those yourself.
- Multiple actions where you want to record emails as actions on more than one record.
- PAs or other staff recording of emails on behalf of someone else
- Shared email boxes
- Bulk recording a folder of emails to a single constituent record
“We have users saving emails from Outlook and Outlook 365 to Raiser’s Edge NXT and version 7. SmartOUTLOOK helps all these users do that at the click of a button. And at such a reasonable price too!”
Raiser’s Edge (Database view / Citrix)
You start Raiser’s Edge by logging in via a web page and then launching RE or you have an icon on your desktop in Windows with the letters RE that you click to launch RE.
Raiser’s Edge NXT (Browser)
You login to RE NXT through your web browser and use RE within the web browser (without using the Database View link)
Please indicate whether you are using Chrome or Internet Explorer